I am an experienced community engagement specialist with a passion for urban planning and public participation. I posses a Master of Public Administration degree and have over 15 years of public policy research, analysis, advocacy, and communications experience.
Currently I am working with SFU Public Square as their External Projects and Communications Manager. I also volunteer as an associate editor of Spacing Vancouver and am an elected director of the Co-operative Housing Federation of British Columbia.
My past positions have included:
- Community engagement consultant for private sector, non-profit and community organizations;
- Director of Community Engagement at PlaceSpeak, an online public consultation platform;
- Senior Research Analyst at Arizona State University’s Morrison Institute for Public Policy;
- Policy Advisor for the Assembly of First Nations;
- Various policy analysis roles with the governments of British Columbia and Canada.
I am also a social media specialist with experience in content creation, website maintenance and online community management. Please visit my résumé page to learn more about my professional experience and community involvement.
- Experienced community engagement specialist research analyst with a passion for community planning, public participation and online engagement.
- Proficient in the research, analysis and outreach of public policy issues
- Effective in liaising between various audiences to provide accurate and actionable information
- Skilled in online communications, including creating compelling content for websites, blogs and social networks.
- Community engagement and facilitation
- Public policy research, analysis and advocacy
- Government relations
- Online communications, including blogging and social media