I am an experienced community and digital engagement specialist with a passion for urban planning, public participation and social media. I posses a Master of Public Administration degree and have over 15 years of public policy research, analysis, advocacy, and communications experience.
Currently, I’m the Executive Director of the Vancouver City Planning Commission. I am also the principle of Yurbanism, a community engagement and communications consultancy working with a variety of community-oriented initiatives. Contact me if you would like to work together!
I also volunteer as an associate editor of Spacing Vancouver, and an elected director of the Co-operative Housing Federation of British Columbia and the President of COHO Management Services and the Community Land Trust Foundation of BC.
My past positions have included:
- Community Builder at Strong Towns;
- Program Manager for Re-Imagine Downtown Vancouver;
- Communications manager for SFU Public Square, including the We The City: 2015 Community Summit;
- Community engagement consultant for various private sector, non-profit and community organizations;
- Director of Community Engagement at PlaceSpeak, an online public consultation platform;
- Senior Research Analyst at Arizona State University’s Morrison Institute for Public Policy;
- Policy Advisor for the Assembly of First Nations; and,
- Various policy analysis roles with the governments of British Columbia and Canada.
I am also a social media specialist with experience in content creation, website maintenance and online community management. Please visit my résumé page to learn more about my professional experience and community involvement.
- Experienced community engagement specialist research analyst with a passion for community planning, public participation and online engagement.
- Skilled in digital communications, including creating compelling content for websites, blogs and social networks and social media optimization.
- Proficient in the research, analysis and outreach of public policy issues
- Effective in liaising between various audiences to provide accurate and actionable information
- Community engagement and facilitation
- Public policy research, analysis and advocacy
- Government relations
- Digital communications, including blogging and social media