So my brief break from posting has turned into an almost two month hiatus. While certainly not an excuse for not posting, during this time, I’ve been keeping extremely busy with a variety of different activities and events.
Over the past 7 weeks, I:
- Took a 2,600 mile (return) road trip to Brownsville, Texas to visit my dad and step-mom, who recently moved there.
- Was elected president of my local neighborhood association
- Helped organize CenPhoCamp with Tyler Hurst
- Joined Ken Clark for District 15 campaign team
- Applied for a PhD in ( Geography at )ASU
- Volunteered at the 2010 Arts Congress with Arizona Citizens for the Arts
- Became part of ONEPhoenix, a central Phoenix community building initiative
- Remodeled my 1951 laundry room, including restoring a set of vintage metal cabinets.
- Hosted a house party, featuring a home made traditional Ukrainian Christmas Eve dinner (well, at least part of it!)
- Attended my first yoga class
Stay tuned for future posts on some of these topics, as well as a few new ones.
This is day 1 in my 28 Day Blogging Challenge. 27 more to go.